Installing utility-scale solar on sloped or rolling terrain is a formidable challenge. Until now, solar developers have had to resort to expensive and risky site grading to bring their sites’ overall and post-to-post slopes within acceptable limits for their solar trackers. Making matters worse, these trackers may not even include the necessary controls software to eliminate interrow shading on variable topography.
This is why we created our all-in-one utility-scale solar tracking platform which includes both our All Terrain TrackerⓇ hardware and integrated TRACE (Tracker Rotation Angle Control Engine) software platform. Together, these powerful components help solar developers, EPCs, and asset owners maximize solar production on any terrain without expensive site grading or add-on costs.
A Complete Tracking Solution
The Nevados All Terrain TrackerⓇ (ATTⓇ) solar tracking system is engineered for the new frontier of utility-scale solar. Whereas other trackers might require upfront grading or terrain manipulation, the Nevados ATTⓇ can easily handle total slopes of up to 20 degrees and post-to-post slope changes of up to 15 degrees. Even better, the included TRACE controls platform continuously optimizes your solar panels’ positions to eliminate interrow shading and adapt to real-time weather conditions like wind and flooding.
Together, the Nevados ATTⓇ and TRACE controls platform are designed to be the only solar tracking solution you’ll ever need. Let’s dive into some of the key advantages of each of these components.
Key Features of the Nevados All Terrain TrackerⓇ
The Nevados All Terrain TrackerⓇ has many features that allow it to adapt to almost any project:
- Follows the land: The Nevados ATTⓇ is the industry’s first and most capable terrain-following tracker. It boasts flexible bearings that adapt to natural terrain conditions without site grading.
- Handles extreme weather: The ATTⓇ system is proven to withstand hurricane-force winds and offers a 75-degree stow for hail-prone regions. Dampers are integrated within every single bearing for unparalleled wind performance.
- Easily accommodates module changes: Switching modules for the Nevados ATTⓇ is no longer a challenge. Module clamps slide on the torque tube and automated module alignment is integrated in every module clamp.
- Easiest installation: The Nevados ATTⓇ is easily installed at chest height without the need for any special tools or jigs.
Key Features of the Nevados TRACE Software
The ATTⓇ works with our integrated TRACE software to achieve autonomous operation. This software uses advanced technologies to facilitate optimal alignment with the sun and intelligent stowing. The most notable features of the TRACE software include:
- Row-by-row control and optimization: TRACE uses a patent-pending ray tracing engine to create rotation schedules that eliminate row-to-row shading.
- On-premise and cloud control: The TRACE software can be configured for on-premise or cloud-based control.
- Intelligent stow: TRACE uses inputs from on-site monitors to automatically stow panels during high winds and flooding.
- Alerts and dashboards: TRACE provides up-to-date production data and proactive alerts for system errors.
Maximize Solar Production with the Nevados All Terrain TrackerⓇ and TRACE Software
Why have dozens of solar developers, EPCs, and asset owners made the switch to the Nevados All-Terrain Tracker? It’s all in the name; our all-in-one All Terrain TrackerⓇ system is designed to be the only solar tracking solution you’ll ever need for flat or hilly terrain.
To learn more about how the ATTⓇ can help you reduce costs and maximize energy production, contact our team today.